I started out online promoting a few different products as an affiliate, with one of them generating around 80% of my income (yeah, risky I know).
Anyhow, when that affiliate merchant made the gut wrenching (for me) decision to change the way they paid affiliates, they effectively destroyed my entire business model. That was when I decided I needed a little more control over my income, because I didn’t want to ever feel that way again.
After that experience, I started creating products of my own, and as you know, launching a product is much better than just opening up for business and hoping for the best.
The very first product launch I did was a ‘Seed Launch’, which as you’ll recall is Step 2 in our 5 Steps To A 6 Figure Product Launch process:
During that Seed Launch I created a 4 week coaching program I could sell myself, and also offer to people who purchased a related affiliate product so they could get better results.
From a tiny list, I ended up with 39 students paying $37 each go through the launch with me.
So I made the princely sum of $1443 (a little less after Paypal fees) for 4 weeks of ‘work’ which worked out to be a total of around 12 hours writing email messages and relentlessly checking my sales figures 🙂
Not really a big deal (but man was I excited at the time).
But here’s the thing…
– The Seed Launch allowed me to get paid up front to create the product (so I knew there was demand before I spent any time or money on it)
– It was fun and I learned a lot about what customers really wanted and needed (doing what you enjoy while actually helping people is nice)
– It helped me to bond with people in my audience at a much deeper level (some of the people who went through the Seed Launch became raving fans and bought all kinds of other stuff from for years)
Having that completed product enabled me to sell it, or give it away as a bonus to EVERY person who purchased that affiliate product through my affiliate link.
And that (along with a small amount of personal email coaching) helped me to make thousands of dollars in affiliate commissions from that product every single month for more than 4 years…
…until the merchant changed their affiliate program rules and killed the thing dead (there’s a long, sad story of ineptitude and stupidity on their part; I’ll tell you about that another day…).
So that’s one way to use a Seed Launch, but there are lots of others.
Here’s just 3 ideas:
– If you sell any kind of physical product, you could do a Seed Launch to create a digital product or training course that helps your customers get more out of the things they buy from you, and give it away as a bonus to increase your product’s value and stand out from your competitors
– If you sell a professional service, you could create a coaching series that helps your clients get much more out of your services and sell it or give it away
– If you sell any kind of coaching, training or education, you could take your clients and students through a Seed Launch to get a deeper understanding of their needs, goals and desires, and come out with an entire new suite of programs you could offer to people in the future (or use as bonuses for your existing stuff)
P.S. Being able to create an irresistible offer is so important to the success of your Seed Launch that I’ve put together a Free Cheat Sheet that shows you how to create the perfect offer. To make sure you don’t miss anything as you develop your offer, click here to grab your Free copy of The Perfect Offer Cheatsheet
PLUS: When you’re ready, here are 4 ways I can help you to grow your business using product launches:
1. How To Build A Profitable Launch List.
Building an email list is critical if you plan on doing a launch for your product, service or business. My 1-2-3 List Building Cheat Sheet will show you how to build a responsive list of prospects who are ready to buy from you during your launch. Click Here
2. How To Create A Signature Product Out Of Thin Air In 72 Hours Or Less
Creating your product does not need to take weeks or months. My 72 Hour Product Creation Guide shows you how to build high value products one after the other in 72 hours or less. Click Here
3. How To Outsource Your Product Creation And Make It Hands Free.
Outsourcing the creation of some or all of your products and bonuses is a great way to save your time for the more important (and more fun) things you’d rather be doing. Grab my Hands Free Outsourcing Cheat Sheet to learn more. Click Here
4. Work One-On-One With Me
If you’d like to work directly with me to run a launch for your business… just send me a message by emailing me at rocky [at] localwebsolutions.com and put “One-on-One” in the subject line… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!
Also, check this out 🙂