And you’ve learned 6 ways to splinter off products to both increase your front-end sales along with the back-end sales of your core product.
But there are still a lot of additional ways you can put this “product splitting” idea to work for you.
In this post, you’ll find 15 of my favorite “splinters” to create.
Let’s run through some Product Launch Content Splinters…
• Reports. This can be short, perhaps only 7-15 pages long.
For example, you might create a report about choosing the right shoes to help promote your marathon-running course, or perhaps you’d offer a report about cleaning a carburettor to go along with a classic car restoration course.
• Swipe files. Here’s where you provide a collection of materials for someone to use as inspiration.
For example, you might give a collection of headlines to a copywriter, or action verbs to people who’re writing a resume.
• Templates. You can save your customers time by providing “fill in the blank” templates.
For example, you might offer sales letter templates for copywriters, or survey templates for those doing market research.
• Worksheets. The idea here is to provide worksheets to help customers accomplish some specific task.
For example, you might offer a budgeting worksheet for those who’re trying to get rid of debt, or an exercise worksheet for those who want to lose weight.
• Interviews. This can be an interview with you, or it can be an interview that you conducted with another expert in the niche.
Examples include interviewing me about how to create products people want to buy, or interviewing a bestselling novelist about how where they get their book ideas.
• Q&A sessions. You can think of this as a list of frequently asked questions in your niche.
For example, you might offer a Q&A session about how you as a marketer plans your day, or perhaps you’d offer questions and answers about meal planning for a diet program.
• Checklists. These tools help people take action.
Examples include a checklist for setting up a website, or a checklist for applying for a job.
• Mind maps. These give customers a non-linear view of some process.
Examples include a mind map depicting how to write a novel, or a mind map about how to get healthier.
• Infographics. These are graphical representations of data, which makes large chunks of data or complex topics easier to digest.
Examples include an infographic describing exactly how metabolism works, or an infographic about how to improve conversion rates.
• Demo videos. Here you can show how your product works, or how to do some specific task.
For example, you might offer demo videos of specific kettlebell exercises for a strength training course.
Another example is a demo video showing how to teach a puppy to sit for a dog training course.
• Audios. People love listening to MP3s while they’re driving, working out, gardening and so on.
You might excerpt out a portion of your product and offer the audio.
Examples include inspirational quotes for a self-improvement course, or a guided meditation for a meditation product.
• Spreadsheets. These are tools for helping customers keep track of something, such as business expenses for a business owner, or workouts for a bodybuilder.
• Calculators. These could be any tools that perform a specific task, such as a loan calculator to go along with a home-buying course, or a calorie calculator for a dieting course.
• Legal documents. You’ll want to get an attorney to create these, of course.
• Plugins. These are tools for WordPress blogs, such as an SEO plugin to go along with a search engine optimization product, or a split-testing plugin to help sell a course about improving conversions.
And this isn’t even an exhaustive list – if you can sell it and if it goes along with your main course, then you can splinter it off into a $7 front end product.
A few closing thoughts for creating your Product Launch Content…
Whew – at this point I bet your mind is just swimming with great ideas for ways to start using splintering in your business.
As you’ve discovered, there are a whole lot of good reasons to do it, from quickly increasing your profits to being able to build a hot customer list rather than merely a lukewarm leads list.
Best of all, there are just so many ways to use splintering to grow your results from your product launch.
In fact, you discovered six proven ways to do it inside this series of posts.
No matter what you’re using a product launch for, or what product your selling, there’s a way to use splintering to boost your profits.
So you know what you need to do next – pick out one method and put it to work for you.
And do it as soon as possible, because I think you’ll really like the results!
PLUS: When you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you to grow your business using product launches:
1. How To Build A Profitable Launch List.
Building an email list is critical if you plan on doing a launch for your product, service or business. My 1-2-3 List Building Cheat Sheet will show you how to build a responsive list of prospects who are ready to buy from you during your launch. Click Here.
2. How To Create A Signature Product Out Of Thin Air In 72 Hours Or Less
Creating your product does not need to take weeks or months. My 72 Hour Product Creation Guide shows you how to build high value products or bonuses one after the other in 72 hours or less. Click Here.
3. How To Outsource Your Product Creation And Make It Hands Free.
Outsourcing the creation of some or all of your products and bonuses is a great way to save your time for the more important (and more fun) things you’d rather be doing. Grab my Hands Free Outsourcing Cheat Sheet to learn more. Click Here.
And don’t forget to check this out 🙂